Due to a lack of infrastructure, our country still poses some operational challenges in ground handling.
Indian authorities have started identifying the value of business aviation and are working to deal with these issues.
The good news is that with proper planning and by keeping some important tips in mind, one can have a smooth trip in India.
If you are willing to travel to India and is searching for a reputed service provider organization who can offer you best ground handling services then you must contact some leading firms.
A leading service provider firm can provide you ground handling services in India which are truly valuable as well as reasonable.
You should know the following things regarding ground handling and Aircraft fueling in India:
- Use an experienced and trustworthy ground handler:
- Attempting to operate to India without taking the assistance of a trusted and reliable ground handler is risky.
- It is always safest to have a ground handler.
- Reason being, they pay attention to all the requirements of yours.
- Most importantly, they have a working relationship with all the authorities and provide services as much as possible which is in compliance with all the laws and regulations.
- It is also important to note that tow bars & ground support equipment might not be available at all destinations.
- However, that is not always the case at more remote airports.
- A good ground handler knows which airport has what equipment and can arrange a full range of services and ground handling at more remote airfields.
- Don’t expect Western-style FBOs. Prepare your passengers:
- In year 2010, a new full service FBO became operational in Mumbai (VABB), and Delhi (VIDP).
- However, it is still not successful.
- Passengers have to go through immigration and custom clearance and get into the local transport curbside.
- They typically have to go through the same immigration, customs and quarantine lines and area as airline passengers.
- But a good ground handler tries to speed up the procedure.
- Vehicles are not permitted on-ramp, except your flight is carrying diplomatic or government officials.
- Crews have to go through a similar procedure and are put on to their transport.
- Once you clear immigration, budget extra time to go back to the aircraft:
- Make sure you have not forgotten anything before clearing customs and immigration.
- Once you clear, you are not allowed to get back on the ramp without a special pass.
- This pass can take quite a while to obtain.
- Once you have cleared immigration, the aircraft will be sealed and cannot be re-entered without this pass.
- Always remember: Maximum stay in India is 14 days:
- Bear in mind that the maximum stay in India for a foreign-registered aircraft is fourteen days.
- If you wish to remain in India more than the maximum allotted time, you will have to exit the country and return.
- If you are in Chennai (VOMM), for example, you have to fly out to Colombo, Sri Lanka (VCBI), on the fourteenth day and then return on the same day.
- Set up your jet fuel authorizations in advance:
- Jet fuel authorizations must be set up in advance of your operation to India.
- Jet fuel suppliers generally don’t accept credit; they accept either cash or demand draft.
- Prior to arrival or departure confirm all jet fuel arrangements and carry cash for unanticipated circumstances.
- On your behalf your third party provider will arrange credit and make jet fuel payments.
- Be prepared for fueling delays:
- Keep in mind that there can be delays in fuel service in India as jet fuel provider is more focused on airline operations than general aviation.
- You cannot always agree that fuel trucks will arrive on time.
- Your ground handler should be notified in advance if you are requesting fueling on arrival.
- It is always best to call your ground handler by SATCOM or phone prior to landing as there are no air-to-ground frequencies for ground local handlers within India.
- Remember that you will be taxed for jet fuel you uplift and jet fuel you have tankered:
- Jet fuel taxes vary from airport to airport and are in the range of Rs 2800-3000 per kiloliter.
- Jet fuel prices in India are laid down by the Ministry of petroleum.
- You will be charged tax at approximately twenty eight cents per gallon for any jet fuel in case you land in India, and your next destination is a domestic flight.
- However that will not be the case if your next destination is international.
- If your next destination is a domestic one, then tankering jet fuel may not be a good option, as additional fees may apply.
- Fuel tankering is considered as a revenue loss to the country.
- But, that is not a consideration when it is an international technical stop only, because the fuel never enters the country.
- Expect invoices to trickle in weeks and months later:
- Do not expect your invoicing to be ready.
- Military airports often do not send invoices instantly.
- In addition, ground handling costs in India comprise of itemized charges for the full range of services used i.e. lavatory, truck, water services etc.
- A ground handler may give credit for all services and settle all invoices instantly.
Vision Aviation Global is a most trusted service provider company which offers best ground handling services in India.
Our network of professional staff members allow us to offer a complete service package that meet client’s precise prerequisites and requirements at all airports.
We offer all inclusive ground handling services through authorized ground handlers.