30 Jul Clear and Unbiased Facts About e-tourist visa for India
Since 2014, there has been a huge influx in the number of tourists visiting India. It’s simply due to the e-tourist visa for India scheme.
E-tourist visa was proposed to promote tourism in India. India has become one of the favourites and most wanted destinations in South East Asia.
According to the foreign affairs ministry, tourism contributes about 7% to the country’s GDP but the ministry aims at increasing it considerably.
Therefore, the e-visa scheme was designed to remove complications for foreign nationals entering India.
This scheme has been a huge success. Also, it significantly pushed the tourism sector.
The e-tourist visa for India was launched for people who’re coming for small business trips, tourism, medical treatments or visiting family or friends for shorter durations.
Key Points Regarding e-Tourists Visa:
- The Indian e-Tourist visa is generally issued for a single entry visit with a validity of thirty days.
- This facility can’t be extended or availed for more than twice a year for the same traveller.
- Applicants can apply minimum four days and maximum thirty days in advance for the online India visa from the date of arrival.
- Once the online visa application is approved, the applicant would receive an email authorizing the travel.
- During their travel to India the traveller must carry a copy of this online authorization at all times.
- At arrival in India, the visitor needs to show a copy of the e-tourist visa to the immigration authorities.
- At the time of Immigration procedure the biometric details of the passengers will be captured. After that, their passport will be stamped for entry.
- Applicants should have a return ticket and enough money to spend during their stay in India.
- At the time of travel, applicants should have 6 months valid passport and a digital photograph.
- Applicants should upload the required documents with the completely filled online form. All your queries will be answered once briefly gone through the above mentioned site.
Benefits of applying online:
- You get instant support which is available either by email or via phone.
- Detailed verification of your Application.
- Call-back Service by phone, if there’re any open questions or errors.
- Recovery of lost ETA number.
- Automatic notification via email.
It’s very important to know that once an application is initiated or submitted, then you mustn’t submit another application against the same passport number.
You won’t be granted any other e- visa against the same passport till the time your previous e-visa is still valid.