02 Dec Top 7 Secrets of finding the Best Inexpensive Flights
You can check seven savviest secrets, tried and tested by expert budget travellers. These tips will help you to find the best low cost flights.
But, if you really want to search for the best low cost flights, then you have to know the tricks of the trade.
Other than this, if you need best Flight Support Services, then you can contact some reputed service provider firms.
The best service provider firms will offer you services which are really very valuable and cost effective.
- Book seven weeks in advance:
Finding a great flight deal is all about booking at the last minute. Reason being, airlines were worried to get rid of their empty seats.
You need to book tickets 7 weeks in advance for short haul flights. However, you need to look around eighteen weeks in advance for long haul destinations.
- Sign up for email alerts from your favourite airline:
Though a last minute flight deal is hard to find, they do exist if you know where to look. You can also Sign up for email alerts from your favourite airline.
After signing up, you will start getting alerts of low fares on last minute flights, news of flash sales, and most importantly new routes with special introductory rates.
- Go everywhere:
If you are in the mood of exploring destination you may not have thought about before, this will be the best way to pick up bargain basement flights.
Using the ‘Everywhere’ search function on a travel website can help you to find out where it is cheapest to travel to and when it is cheapest to go there.
- Choose your credit card wisely:
If you have a good credit score, another way to cut flight cost is to apply for an airline credit card. You will get reward points which can be redeemed against set flight routes.
These cards are great for cutting the cost of expensive long haul flights. Usually these credit cards are helpful in frequent flying programmes. Also, if you spend more you will get more points.
The best way to increase your Avios miles (without building up debt) is to use it for day- to-day purchase and stick to your usual monthly budget.
Remember to pay off the credit card in full every month. You can do this by direct debit, if you are a bit forgetful.
If you are not keen on getting a credit card, you can transfer your Club card and Nectar points into Avios too.
- Shop for flights on Tuesday afternoon:
There is a theory that Tuesday is the best day to keep looking for cheap airfares. Very few airlines release their last minute weekend deals on Tuesday.
So, it is advised that you should shop for flights on Tuesday afternoon.
- Purchase a one way ticket to your destination and back:
Not always, but sometimes, buying return flights with one airline will be more expensive than purchasing two one way tickets from different airlines.
You should purchase a one way ticket to your destination and back.
This method will give you more flexibility, too, because you can come back when you wish and even fly home from a different (cheaper) airport.
- Try the 24-hour rule:
Some airlines will offer you a free refund if you cancel more than twenty four hours before departure, so you need to look at the price of the flight you have just booked.
If the cost of the flight drops significantly, cancel your original flight and book the new one. In this way, you can save money.
But be cautious as some airlines do not offer this and some often charge a cancellation fee if you are out of the 24 hour window.
- Keep your searches top secret: Always look for the flights in incognito or private browsing mode to see the lowest prices.
- Use the best flight search engines
- Identify the cheapest day to fly out: Your best strategy would be to get a quick visual of prices for a whole month and to see what days are cheapest for your specific route.
- Book long-haul flights yourself for less
- Befriend budget airlines: Budget airlines may offer significantly cheaper tickets than their full-service counterparts.
- Use a travel agent: It is wise to do your own research first, search for the cheapest flights, and then present that information to travel agents to see if they can match or beat it.
- Find the cheapest place to fly
- If you know when and where you’re going, don’t wait to book
- Check if it is cheaper to pay in other currencies
- Do not forget about local airlines
- Search for airline error fares
Vision Aviation Global caters to the growing demand for excellent Flight Support Services and a range of corporate aviation services for air travel within India.
Our network of professional staff allows us to provide a complete service package to meet each client’s specific requirement.
We offer all inclusive ground handling through authorized ground handlers and flight support services.