02 Jul What are the Best 10 Tips for Holiday Travel?
Who doesn’t like spending the holidays somewhere special and enjoy the time of their lives during the holidays?
You can make your holiday trip more special through some simple planning. You can try planning it using our top ten tips and you will see how simple things will be.
1. Early Reservation:
- If you reserve your tickets in the early hours it becomes so easy to obtain both travel and lodging reservation.
- In so far as some airline companies and hotels are concerned, early booking can even make you entitled for a price cut.
- So, do consider booking your plane and accommodation as early as you’ve the possibility to.
2. Check Departure Time
- Make sure that your leaving time didn’t change. Before setting off to the airport and, of course, packing your bags, check the departure time.
- Sometimes both departure & arrival times are delayed or cancelled during the holiday season. It’s only because of the crowdedness and also because of the weather.
- Weather can be extremely changeable during this period of the year. So, you can lay your hands on a trustworthy weather forecast.
- You can use the local source of information or even the international one, for example the weather channel.
- Try to reach the airport at least two hours before departure time. Also give yourself plenty of time to deal with all difficult situations.
- You’ll be less stressed as you won’t be under time pressure. Also you won’t have to face a missed flight.
4. Pack Only What You Need:
- Pack only the things which you know you will need and more importantly, don’t carry heavy stuff with you.
- If you take weighty baggage, then you’ll have a difficult time trying to stop a taxi. You can use the public transport in case you need it.
5.Take the Essential Stuff in You Carry-Ons:
- You can use your carry- on- baggage to put your essential there. You can also put medicines there if in case you really need them.
- Keep in mind that you may need to show the airport personnel the prescription which demonstrated that you need those medicines.
6. Take Good Care of your Documents:
- You can put your original documents in a safe place. Before leaving you can consider making photocopies of your documents. If the original documents are lost, then they can come handy.
- Have all the documents required for travelling in countries that you’re visiting with your identification documents.
7. Put Wrapped Presents in your Checked Baggage:
- Your hand luggage must be visible. So, if you plan to carry any Christmas presents with you, don’t put them in your carry-on luggage, especially if they’re wrapped.
- Anyway, whether the luggage is checked or carries on, the best solution is to organize it. So it can be easily detected.
8. Call Before Leaving:
- Before setting off you can make a phone call to the airline company. You can double-check the status of your flight.
9. Follow Procedures on Hand Luggage:
- You can take account of the airline’s regulations related to carry-on luggage. You’re well aware of the fact that the plane is full throughout the holiday seasons.
- But check with the company first. Different airline agencies possess different airline security regulations.
10. Make your luggage be noticeable:
- Put address tags both on the outside and in the interior of all luggages as the external labels may be torn off. Furthermore, try to have luggage that’s not grey or black. Make it more visible.
On ground experience and local knowledge gives efficient station management and operational cost effectiveness for all flights.